Thursday 25 February 2010

Walk, don't run

Despite the fact that they were, in theory, my "golden years," there's not much I really miss about the late 1970s or early 1980s, apart from some of the music and a lot of the people, and the fact that the world was a lot more easy-going about its definition of fun, in certain respects. Here's one example which I can't imagine being allowed in 2010, more's the pity for the institutionalized of the world. If it didn't exist, you'd be hard-pressed to make it up. The Cramps, live at the Napa State Hospital, California, 1978. "We're The Cramps, and we're from New York City. And we drove 3,000 miles to play for you people. Somebody told me you people are crazy, but I'm not so sure about that. You seem to be alright." Music therapy incarnate.


No comments: