Wednesday 8 February 2012

Truckstop of Your Love

I have a somewhat unfortunate love of musical pastiche, though admittedly, at its best (The Turtles Present the Battle of the Bands, The Rutles, The Dukes of Stratosphear, occasionally even Weird Al) it can be very good indeed. I've toyed with a number of pastiches over the years, with mixed success. One, which never came to fruition, was an adaptation of Billy Idol's execrable "White Wedding" under the title "Watch Wrestling," which came about as a result of some idle banter with my old band mate Dan Hopper about 30 years ago. "Hey little sister, knee drop! It's a nice day to watch wrestling, it's a nice day to stomp your brain."

This is something that I came up with in 1987 or so, and recorded a crude version of, which has been forever lost. The other day I was thinking about it, and suddenly the lyrics came back to me, so I decided to remake it. It's all done on GarageBand for iPad, with guitar and Yamaha keyboard (bass and drums). Apologies to Eric, Jack and Ginger.

No comments: