Tuesday 9 October 2012

I've Never Found a Girl/My Heart Stood Still

Some fantastic Memphis/UK alchemy here. Alex Chilton meets Teenage Fanclub, for a great rendition of Eddie Floyd's "I've Never Found a Girl" (one of my favorite songs, which has been appropriated and reworked in various intriguing ways), along with (of course, what else?) a rocked out version of Rodgers and Hart's "My Heart Stood Still." Anything was possible on Planet Chilton, no song was out of reach or out of bounds. It was all just good music, to be explored and savoured, like life itself, and what better legacy to leave behind?

1 comment:

Paul Dudenhefer said...

Jimi, This is great. Thanks so much for posting. Along the nothing was out of bounds on Planet Chilton lines, have you seen this video of Alex doing Michael Jackson? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJTpdwpOHxU